Black Diamond Equipment announced a voluntary recall of most Black Diamond and Pieps avalanche transceivers in 2022. This page explains how to test the Pieps Pro BT, Pieps Powder BT, Black Diamond Guide BT, and Black Diamond Recon BT transceivers. Learn more about the recall.
- Move the slider to the search SEARCH position.
- Make sure the SEARCH symbol ("--") appears on the display.
- Move the slider until it locks into the SEND position.
- Make sure the SEND symbol ("X") appears on the display.
- Move the slider to the OFF position.
- Make sure that beacon turns off.
- If switching between the modes is not possible, contact Black Diamond/Pieps.
Additional Checks using the Pieps App:
- Activate Bluetooth by pressing the MARK button while switching on beacon. As soon as the Bluetooth symbol is shown on the display, the MARK button can be released.
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated on your phone.
- Open the PIEPS App on your phone and click on "Connect Bluetooth Device".
- Select your device.
- Go to Device Check, press start and follow the instructions.
- Make sure the device check result shows "OK".
- If the device check is negative, contact Black Diamond/Pieps.
Please send me a note, too, if your transceiver fails these tests.
(Black Diamond's official instructions on testing your transceiver.)