The Ortovox 3+ can be updated
(read about updating other transceivers).
The update is done using an infrared interface. The ability to update
your beacon is important, because it allows you to get enhancements
and new features without purchasing a new avalanche transceiver.
To determine which version of software is installed on your 3+:
- Turn your 3+
- The screen displays the serial number (five two-digit
- The screen displays a screen test (everything is displayed
- The battery percentage is displayed
- The version number is displayed
Unlike the Pieps, Pulse, and Tracker2, there isn't a charge
to update the 3+ at a retail stores (great decision, Ortovox). There
is a nominal charge if you choose to mail your transceiver to Ortovox
(to cover shipping and insurance). Contact
Ortovox USA or
a dealer on the Ortovox website for details.
Enhancements to version 1.1 as published by Ortovox:
- Simultaneous and faster initial display of direction,
distance and sound
- Improved Partner-Check
- Greater backward compatibility with analog devices
- Acoustic warning 10 seconds before the automatic "reverts
to transmit" mode. (Previous versions emitted
a very quiet clicking sound after reverting.)
- Acoustic warning if the device is switched on but
has remained stationary for 30 minutes (switch-off reminder)
First release of the 3+ software.
This version did not display a version number on startup.